I’ve started to log hours rather than words to track progress. Normally in the past I’ve been a words man but that doesn’t work as well with the current user guides where I’m spending a lot of time on creating screenshots and even editing – time that is completely necessary to the books.
If I just measured words I wouldn’t have a clue how productive I was being.
So, I downloaded an open source piece of software called Time Tracker and I’ve been logging my time like a good boy… Since Tuesday I’ve worked 16 1/2 hours… 15 hours of that was on the user guide.
I’m going to go for a break now, and then I’ll start work on the Jay Lake Challenge story…